Can you believe it’s almost the end of January? Last year we shared that we are big believers in a #todo list (vs a bucketlist) and so I wanted to share a review of our 2019 goals and share our 2020 list –
- We worked remotely and house sat for more than 12 months, we started at the beginning of October 2018 and completed more than 10 sits in 3 countries.
- We also spent two months living back in Koh Phangan, half of which we spent living beachfront (thanks Mica and Sea)
- We spent two months in Canada during which time we:
- Snowboarder and snowkited
- Visited the Scandinave Spa Whistler
- Ate lots of poutine and other Canadian favourites
- We saw an excellent ice-hockey game and attended the Rugby 7s
- We went to the Yukon but due to early snow melt we didn’t get to go dog sledding but we did see some glimpses of the Northern Lights (we’d like to do this again, maybe an ice igloo in Finland).
- Visited the Caribbean and completed our competent crew certificate and kite surfed in Antigua and St Lucia
- We spent a week in New York and we:
- Saw the statue of liberty,
- Visited Central park – ate a hot dog and NY slice + more
- We also saw the funniest broadway show, the book of Mormon; highly recommended!
- We spent two months in WA visiting Ben’s sister and kitesurfed when we could.
- We watched the All Blacks in Japan, following the team around from Tokyo, to Kyoto, Hiroshima and Oita.
Phew, and those are just the highlights!
So what about 2020?
Well we are enjoying summer in Australia (we spent December in Queensland, and we are now in WA) next month we plan to spend a month with family and friends in Sydney and then back to Melbourne before heading to Europe. But first we plan to:
- Drive the West Coast from Perth to Exmouth
- Kite at Coronation Beach
- See the dolphins at Monkey Mia
- Dive or Snorkel with Manta rays in Exmouth
We’ll enjoy lots of Melbourne good times and kite there then head over to France at the end of March, where we will complete a language immersion. Ben also wants (specifically) to ride a bike with a baguette and other picnic foods in a bag over his shoulder to a park and have a romantic lunch together in Paris.
More goals for 2020:
- Croatia, explore and yacht if we get the chance
- Spain – eat tapas, churros and have a siesta
- Kite in Albania and Montenegro
- Go island hopping in Greece, see the sunset in Santorini
- Portugal, kite and swim in the Algarve sea, visit a health retreat
- Attend my cousins Leona’s wedding in Scotland
- Sail on the Mediterranean – open to location, hoping to increase our sailing experience.
- We’d also still love to complete at least our Advanced Open Water Dive courses as well.
Ben is also contemplating completing his assistant IKO instructor course before we leave Australia. And we plan to work out how to earn an income that sustains a remote lifestyle forever or at least for the foreseeable future.
Do you have a #bucketlist or a #todo list?Inspired to try house sitting for yourself? You can join Trusted House Sitters using code RAF242576 and save 25% off. Or click here to access.