We don’t believe in a lifetime bucket list, that is a list of things people wish they could do but are not actively planning to complete. However we love a #todo list and below are some of our top travel goals for this year – check back often to see us tick them off!
- Work remotely and house sit for at least 12 months, we officially gave up our own home in Melbourne at the beginning of October and now have three house sits confirmed (including our first which we booked in less than 7 days after joining THS) and we are excited to have lots of fur babies to take care of throughout the year!
- Visit Canada, this is the location of our 1st house sit and we leave Melbourne on the 21st of January and we’ll be there for 2 months, during which time we’ll:
- Go dog sledding and see the Northern Lights in the Yukon (we are booked in 21st to 24th of March)
- Visit the Caribbean and complete our competent crew certificate and kite surf (flights already booked straight after the Yukon, via Vancouver + Toronto)
- We’ll stop in and visit New York, New York where we’ll:
- See the statue of liberty,
- Visit Central park – eat a hot dog
- Have a NY slice and see a broadway show
- Spend two months in WA visiting Ben’s sister and kitesurfing through winter
- Dive with Manta rays + Sam to complete her Advanced Dive Course, most likely in Bali or Mauritius
- Watch the All Blacks (hopefully win the Rugby World Cup for a 3rd time) in Japan, we have an epic trip planned, following the team around from Tokyo, to Kyoto, Osaka, Oita and more and we’ll be there for at least 50 days!
Samantha also wants to continue learning Spanish and hopes Ben will too, who knows what adventures lie ahead with these new skills but one’s thing for sure it’s going to be an exciting year!
Do you have a #bucketlist or a #todo list?
Inspired to try house sitting for yourself? You can join Trusted House Sitters using code RAF242576 and save 25% off. Or click here to access.