One of the best things about Koh Phangan is the food! The quality is excellent especially given its an island, off of an island. So as well as a huge variety of excellent Thai food (we love Larb Gai and Pad Kra Pao) many expats have moved to Koh Phangan and set up their own restaurants so now you, like us, can sample cuisine from all over the world when visiting.
Here are ten of our favourites!
- Romanzo Tropicale – Italian pizza, paired with a negroni at sunset
- L’Alcove – French beach bistro, funky vibes, huge wine list, the pasta
- Eat.Co – Vegan comfort food
- Chana Masala – Delicious Vegetarian Indian cuisine
- Hundred Islands Coffee – Waffle sandwiches, cakes and coffee
- Tolzer Huette – German, bratwurst, schnitzel and spatzel
- The Chef – All meals served with love and expertise, great burgers and steaks
- Bubba’s Coffee – Perfect for Melbourne style breakfast and coffee
- Japan Cafe – You guess it, Japanese
- Fisherman’s Village – Great Thai food, excellent seafood and fancy cocktails, the fish cakes are a must!
We enjoy a sundowner or two at Freeway Bar in Hin Kong.
There are also the walking street markets each Saturday in Thong Sala, we like the mussell pancakes, sweet and savoury samosas and sampling different things from the street vendors each time we visit.
These are just a selection of our favourites but there are many more international options including Greek, Middle Eastern, Korean and even a traditional British pub called the Mason Arm’s.
Find all of the above and more on Google maps here. And if you have a recommendation for us or future visitors to Koh Phangan, please leave it in the comments below. Bon appetite!