So our first international house sitting trip is now complete, after 115 days we are back in Perth, Australia for our longest sit yet – 2 months caring for two lovely dogs Angus & Vinnie and a great opportunity to spend some time with Ben’s sister Sarah and partner Rex.
As it’s been a whirlwind we thought we’d do a recap of all the pets we have cared for thus far which includes five cats, nine dogs and two exotic birds in seven homes and three countries across the past four months. We also:
- Flew 12 flights covering 47,798 km.
- Slept aboard a yacht, in bunk beds in a hostel and enjoyed a night in a fancy hotel in New York,
- Went on two Motorhome Adventures with old friends in a very cool renovated school bus,
- Rented 3 x AirBnBs and drove five different vehicles including a huge pick up truck and on five lane highways,
- Spent a week at a health retreat & kite-surfed in St Lucia, visited Niagara Falls,
- Watched the Rugby 7’s in Vancouver where we also went to a Canucks vs Flames hockey match, chased the Northern Lights in the Yukon and hiked for hours!
- Learnt to snowboard and snowkite in Canada, and got our competent crew certification in Antigua.
Basically we had a lot of great adventures along the way while caring for pets and homes (and working), here are all the fur babies in reverse order –
Birds in Buffalo – Marcel & Harlan
Gigi in Brooklyn
Congo and Mr Morris enroute Antigua to New York.
‘The Girls’ out on Vancouver Island
Ben’s favourite dog, Oliver.
Plus Ella, Charlie (and Indie the farm cat – not pictured as he was the only one who didn’t sleep in the bed with us)
Spunky Mario in the West End.
Sweet Ginger and Bear in West Vancouver.
Nala the Bengal in Kitsilano was our first official THS house sit charge.
Hope this inspires your own housesit dreams, feel free to drop us a line with any questions!