As you may know by now, one of the things we love to do between sits are campervan relocations through imoova.com, so when it was time to leave Palm Cove we looked for an available vehicle and struck gold with a luxury 4 berth Jayco Conquest Royale motorhome from Let’s Go Motorhome. This camper was required in Brisbane to go out for 4 months on a movie set and we had 5 nights to bring her down from Cairns.
Picking up from Cairns CBD, we were given a full tour which took over an hour going over all the features. At 8 metres or 26 feet long and weighing almost 4.5 tonnes this was the largest vehicle I have driven.
The key features:
– Sink, microwave oven, 4 burner stove and grill
– Large refrigerator/freezer
– Slide out super comfy Queen-size bed
– Large bathroom with separate shower and toilet
– TV with DVD player
– Air conditioning (reverse cycle for the cooler weather as we came down south)
– Reversing Camera
Our top highlights
– Two nights in Airlie Beach hoping on a day trip to Whitehaven Beach
– Watching the Olympics on route in our own mobile home – Free camping and walking on the beaches
– Live music with dinner one night in a little side of the road stop
Within the first hour I was very comfortable driving and by the end of the trip, just short of 2,000kms later I felt ready to try driving a bus or maybe a truck – who knows what adventures await!
We arrived back into Brisbane for the last two days of the lockdown and bunkered down with friends, we know we are very lucky and our family & friends up and down the east coast are always in our thoughts.
We decided to have our home in the Central Coast packed up and our things into storage and to stay in Queensland given the on-going situation and we hope to book some sits here through to the end of the year while we wait out the latest outbreak and the vaccine rollout that will hopefully let us all start to resume some sort of normalcy.